How long can you wait until it’s too late?
Many homeowners ask themselves this question all the time. There are so many things to watch out for in your home that it’s difficult to decide where your money is needed most. Maybe there’s roof damage from the latest Louisiana afternoon thunderstorm, or maybe your air conditioner is struggling to keep your house cool in this southern summer heat.
In lieu of these larger, more noticeable items you may overlook your windows. If they don’t have noticeable wear or damage they’re often low on your priority list. We all know the saying, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
This does not apply to windows.
4 Important Signs Of Window Damage
Regardless of whether your window has a fracture, it could still be damaged and in need of replacement. Here are some slightly more obscure signs of window damage. Do any of these look familiar?
- Rotting wood. Wood rot is something people tend to forget about. So if you look around and see warped, soft, or cracked wood in your frames, call a trusted window company.
- Damaged frames. All frames have issues with cracking, shifting, and chipping away. And any problem with panes can only lead to more, which could mean poor insulation and low energy conservation.
- Moisture inside the panes. Condensation or frost forming between the window panes is a sign of seal failure, can be unsightly and a sign that it’s time to replace.
Reasons For Replacement Windows
Over the years, we’ve found that clients get their windows replaced for many reasons. And all are valid! But out of all of the reasons, a few tend to pop up more than usual. Such as:
- High energy bills. Thin, single-paned windows and damaged windows will leak all of the comfortable air from your home. Especially during winter and summer, causing your bills to skyrocket. It’ll save you money in the long run to get those inferior windows replaced. Imagine replacing your AC with a new, expensive one and all that beautiful cold air gets leaked anyway!
- Outside noise. Hearing cars rush around at all hours of the day is frustrating. Cut down on noise with thicker windows that do the job.
- Age. The older windows are, the more they need replacing. Especially if the windows are cheap, builder-grade windows, which are low-quality. If your windows are around ten years or older, it’s time to get some replacements.
- Property Value. Investing in the look of your home, as well as the foundation and its amenities, will increase your property value! Should you ever move that’s one less thing to worry about in a home inspection.
Creaking, leaking, age, looks – there’s never a wrong reason to upgrade to energy-efficient replacement windows. No matter your reason, you need to contact Relief Windows today! Get started on updating your home and see the light through new windows.
Get Replacement Windows From The Best!
Relief Windows proudly serves all of Southern Louisiana, Southern Mississippi, and Eastern Texas. Our team works their hardest to provide windows that don’t just look good, they also protect your home. Have a question or two for us? Check out our contact page or give us a call at your nearest location. Get your replacement windows in today.