Partner of LSU Athletics
Why Choose Wood Windows in New Orleans?
When choosing the perfect window for your home, it is important to consider factors such as their strength, longevity, and energy-efficiency. Wood windows have a classic look that can go with many types of architecture. However, some homeowners worry about the maintenance of wood and ask the following questions:
- Will it rot?
- Will I have to worry about termites?
- Will it withstand the weather?
All of these are valid concerns in a city like New Orleans. But at Relief Windows, we can help you address those worries.
What Is Jeld-Wen?
Jeld Wen Auralast pine wood windows are treated with a sealant that penetrates to the core of the wood window frames. Auralast provides years of protection against the damage water and insects can cause. (Other windows only use a topical sealant providing less-than-superior protection.) In fact, these windows come with a 20-year general warranty and a lifetime limited warranty. Your family will enjoy these naturally beautiful wood windows for years to come.
Styles Of Wood Windows In New Orleans
There are many different styles for wood windows that work well with New Orleans home architecture. Some might look better than others depending on your own home’s aesthetic, so consider each option carefully:
- Single-Hung Windows: The name refers to how many parts (also known as sashes) of the window are movable. Single-hung is the most common, the most traditional, and is a no-brainer in classic wood.
- Double-Hung Windows: A bit more modern and flexible, double-hung means you can operate the top or the bottom parts of the window to open. These give you the most options for enjoying some outside air.
- Bay Windows: Often seen in kitchen nooks, the San Francisco vibes of bay windows feature a large picture window and one smaller one on either side. These seamlessly blend into wood-framed windows for maximum views.
- Bow Windows: Reminiscent of a bay window, but with more window panels—a bow window can have up to five! Homeowners can maintain the architectural interest of these statement windows with classic wood frames.
- Awning Windows: Hinged at the top, these windows open out (like an awning) to protect from rain and offer more privacy.
- Garden Windows: A garden window extending outside above your kitchen sink is the perfect window option if you love houseplants.
- Casement Windows: Casement windows can offer the same look of a fixed window, but can be opened, typically hinging from the side.
- Fixed Windows: Often thought of as picture windows, they cannot be opened but offer a completely unobstructed view.
- Sliding Windows: Sliding windows are pretty self-explanatory. You’re probably familiar with sliding doors—these windows operate the same way.
Find Relief For Wood Windows In New Orleans
Whatever the style, Relief Windows can source and install the perfect windows for your home. To get started or ask some questions, call our New Orleans office at 504-338-1516 or contact us online. You can also rely on Relief Windows for doors and siding—but we love to say our No. 1 product is customer satisfaction.